ah, returning back “home” has some benefits……and another journey beckons
So for the meantime some new additions to the 1/43 garage.
1. IXO Toyota Crown Comfort, Singapore Taxi
2. Vanguards Ford Escort RS1600i
3. Vangaurds VW Golf GTi Mk1
4. Minichamps Porsche Cayenne GTS
1. I am very impressed with the level of detail that comes with this model –
decals are very accurate even down to the payment card stickers on the window.
However, one flaw with the model are the wheels –
They do not acccurately reflect wnhat I call the std Toyota Steel Radials as
per below –
If a little more care had been paid, the model would have been perfect. I am
thinking of getting the Hong Kong taxi version and swap the wheels over for
a more realistic look. I think that this will be a great conversion to do…….let’s
see if I can source one, and then will ‘blog’ my efforts.
2. Only 1800 of these RS1600i’s are to be produced – in my opinion, this is
one of the better Escort castings from the VA110xx range…..and captures the
spirit of this hot hatch very well
3. a good little model, and a welcome suprise to the Vanguards
range which was normally formed of British models. I am wondering if they will
produce a LHD version and dare even get the Pirelli verison with the infamous
P Wheels…….would also be nice to see this one in LHD Polizei livery
4. I got this for a ridiculous £8.99 in TK Maxx……my new alternative source
for 1/43…..very pleased with this one as it is the GTS model, and a Minichamp
to boot, coming the official Porsche collection.
So, two more additions await in Blighty – will review the castings when they
are safely landed in CH on next Weds.