Midweek games are quite tricky as I never get time to muse about them straight after the final whistle. As Sat’s game against West Brom approaches quickly, I will summarise:
- a very good win against a weak Watford side, but all the points coun
- lots of pens for once – two in our favour for clear and blatant fouls in the box
- Well done Nobes for tucking two away against Gomes who saved superbly against Berahino on Sat last.
- Clear penalty even for Watford – Ogbonna being the villain, Adrian a hero with a great stop from Troy Deeney
- Carroll coming on form – now six in six – good hit and will do well for his confidence.
- However, wasteful in front of goal – could have easily been 7-1 – Lanzini and Moses – guilty of over doing it –
- Sahko played – storm in a teacup?
- Still in hunt for European spot – just about.
A good day at the office with 4 games left to go – but the scoreline should have been far greater than it actually was.
West Ham manager Slaven Bilic: “We wanted to prove to Watford that we are a much better team than the game between us at their ground [which we lost].
“We can say they had half of their mind on the weekend and they rested players which we expected. But their line-up still had internationals.
“We are victims of our success as the bar is always more and more up. We are coping with that well. This game was a big one because I told the players ‘the season is good or very good anyway but after this game are we going to look up and try to catch those teams’. Still we have to look down as Liverpool are in good form.”