American cars are – let’s face it – not that good.
They don’t sell well outside of the US Continent, although the Middle East do like them. When was the last time you saw a Cadillac or a Dodge on the roads?
However the recent trend on retro muscle cars changes that.
I love the Dodge Challenger, as true to the original as possible in shape and form. The Ford Mustang is not a bad looker.
This Camaro though…………aye, carumba!
More importantly, it has lapped The Ring in under 7 mins and 30 seconds…..according to Car magazine, that is bloody quick:
- 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S 7:37.9
- 2013 Mercedes AMG GT S 7:35.00
- 2015 McLaren 650S Spider 7:35.00
- 2012 Lexus LFA 7:34.00
- 2008 Koenigsegg CCX 7:33.55
- 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia 7:32.92
- 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia QF 7:32.00
- 2013 Porsche 911 GT3 7:32.00
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 7:29.60
Via the power of YouTube, you can now marvel at this beast of a motor doing the business.
I want one.
And wonder how long before Mattel release umpteen versions as a Hot Wheels car……….